Hoover and Hurt Law Offices
Free Consultation
This Is An Advertisement

Defense For Boaters When Leisure Activities Turn Tragic

A day of leisure at one of Kentucky’s most popular recreational areas can end with you or a family member being taken away in a police car.

If you or a loved one has been arrested for boating while intoxicated, call Hoover and Hurt Law Offices at 270-974-4277 today for a free consultation.

Drunk driving laws govern the roads of Kentucky, and similar laws apply to Lake Cumberland and other Kentucky lakes and rivers. Boating under the influence (BUI) is a serious crime and can result in major penalties if you are arrested.

The Consequences Of Boating While Intoxicated

Convictions for BUI are as life-changing as for DUI. In addition to large fines and possible driver’s license suspension, your insurance company may increase your rates. You may have taken the ability to drive for granted, but it can suddenly become a major financial burden.

Depending on your case, we will fight to protect your driver’s license or take proactive steps to secure a hardship license.

Minimizing The Charges, Fines And Impact On Your Driver’s License

Whether you live in Jamestown or were visiting from out of state, you do not have to accept the punitive measures imposed on you. To protect your rights, you need the help of a skilled and savvy attorney who can investigate your case and build a strong, fact-based defense.

Certain factors can help build a strong defense, including lack of probable cause for the police to detain you, failure to administer field sobriety tests and inadmissible blood tests.

Any one of these factors could lead to a dismissal of the charge or a reduction to a nonalcohol driving violation. As your defense lawyer, Jeff Hoover will undertake a comprehensive defense effort to obtain the best result for you.

Protect Your Freedom And Future

Your future is at stake. For more information, contact an attorney at Hoover and Hurt Law Offices. You can reach us through our online intake form, or you can call 270-974-4277.